No Strings Attached - Nicolette Day Jace Jennings

I am not usually a fan of novellas. They are too quick for me to get any sort of feel for the characters, so I tend to stay away.

However, I got curious about this debut novella by Nicolette Day.

No Strings Attached turned out to be a pleasant little surprise for me. While only 62 pages, it packed a sexy little punch.

Hayden Summers and Jace Jennings have been best friends for years. Now after coming off of a broken engagement, Hayden lands her dream job taking pictures for Time magazine. Only caveat? She has to travel to Sudan to do it. To say that Jace is unhappy about this is an understatement.

Hayden wants to go off with no regrets, and after learning her ex-fiance is now engaged (to her cousin no less), she's determined to erase his memory. So of course the best way to go off with a bang is with a casual hookup.

Jace is the sexy bartender/owner, along with his equally hot brother Nate, at the bar that Hayden goes to, to accomplish her goal. Little does she know that Jace has been secretly in love with her for years.

When Hayden meets her random hookup and plans to meet him in the storage room, she gets the surprise of a lifetime when she gets Jace instead.

Jace convinces Hayden that he is the only man for the job, and having been harboring feelings for the sexy, tattooed man for years as well, Hayden cannot resist his offer.

I was very surprised at how much this book was able to convey in just a few short pages. The author did a fantastic job with characterization. The book was cute and steamy with a very sweet HEA ending.

I really enjoyed the writing style and would gladly read future books from this author. As a matter of fact, if we can get a full length novel on Jace's brother, Nate, I'd be all over that.

ARC provided by Entangled Publishing via Netgalley for an honest review