Unbeautifully - Madeline Sheehan

What.A.Ride!

"Baby," he said gruffly. "Man like me got no business with a girl like you. You're nothin' but a fuckin' beauty and I'm a while lot of fuckin' ugly who's already halfway to hell."

"You may not be beautiful the way you were before," I whispered, cupping his ruined cheek. "But you're still beautiful. To me."

Ripper and Danny's story was heartbreaking, heart-wrenching, beautiful, real, gritty, dark, emotional, and absolutely, completely, utterly unputdownable!
Ours was the furthest thing from a picture-perfect romance; it was more of a car crash, a metal-bending, blood-splattered disaster that left no survivors, only bad memories and heartache.
But it was ours.
And because it was ours...I wouldn't change a thing.

The first book in this series absolutely gutted me. Oh, don't get me wrong, I loved absolutely every single painful moment of it. But at the end I was left feeling...like I needed something...something more. It felt like the story wasn't finished.

After reading this book, I now know why. The story continues on through the series, and even though we had a HEA in the 1st book, the characters get revisited, and I loved that.

UnBeautifully begins where Undeniable's epilogue ended The story then backtracks to the years that passed between the last chapter and epilogue in Undeniable, and then continues until the present.

If I loved the first book, I am simply at a loss for words to describe how I felt about this one. I feel like nothing I have will do it justice.

Five years ago, Ripper went through hell at the hands of Eva's psychopath, now deceased, husband, Frankie. Forced to endure the cruelest of tortures, Ripper barely escaped with his life.

But even though he survived, he is no longer the same man that he used to be. How can he be with the memories that haunt his nightmares, and a constant reminder of his loss every time that he sees a mirror?

Danny is the daughter of Deuce, the MC president. Stranded on her prom, she calls Ripper to rescue her. What takes place that night is something that neither of them had expected, nor is it something they will soon forget.

We came together in a frantic rush of skin and limbs, my magnitude of need an all-consuming bur that I needed...needed...god, I just needed all of him, touching all of me.

Once a beautiful man, Ripper no longer thinks he is the man he once was; scarred, ugly, and hollow inside he never thinks a beautiful girl like Danny would ever think him good enough for her.

Danny sees past Ripper's scars, to the man he truly is beneath.

Ripper and Danny's story takes place over a course of 3 years. This is not your typical romance. It was dark and emotional, and at times incredibly beautiful.

"Ripper," I whispered, clinging to his neck as he carried me from the bathroom into his bedroom. "I think I love you."
"Yeah, baby," he whispered, sliding back inside of me. "Ain't no other explanation for what a girl like you is doin' in bed with a man like me."

There were times I wanted to scream and rip my hair out, and times I wanted to hold my pillow and cry. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't put the book down.

Both Ripper and Danny are dealing with their own demons. Their road to love is not a pretty one, nor is it easy. It's filled with with ups and downs, pain, and nightmares. Theirs is a love that never should have been, but is simply undeniable.

Hasty, impetuous, we were like lightning and tornadoes in a flurry of both excitement and agitation, making rapid, rash decisions, feeling, only feeling, never thinking, all the while heading face-first into a churning whirlpool of turmoil and caring who we hurt along the way.

I don't want to give too much away, but I found their story to be so imperfectly perfect. In a mass of wrong and painful decisions, action and words that cause emotional wounds, every reason to not be together, their love was like the diamond in the rough. It wasn't perfect, it wasn't ideal. What it was, was incredibly real. It was theirs.

"All scars tell a story, beautiful girl," he said.
"And mine," he said softly grabbing my hand, trailing my palm across his cheek and then his chest. "Tell the story of how I found you."

While the majority of the story is Ripper and Danny's, we also get a glimpse into Dorothy and Jace, as well as Deuce and Eva. I was happy to see that everything that was left unresolved between the two of them in book one, got a very beautiful HEA in this one.

Imperfectly beautiful 4.5 stars.

Cannot wait for Cage's book.

Ride on!