Vain - Fisher Amelie This book! GAWD! THIS BOOK! It was THAT good.

2 things are misleading about this book; One being the cover...I thought it was a paranormal title when I first saw it, but it't not. The second thing (and the reason I purchased it) was the blurb.

If you’re looking for a story about a good, humble girl, who’s been hurt by someone she thought she could trust, only to find out she’s not as vulnerable as she thought she was and discovers an empowering side of herself that falls in love with the guy who helps her find that self, blah, blah, blah...then you’re gonna’ hate my story...

I mean, how do you not get fascinated by that? But this book was so SO SO much more than what that blurb described.

When I first started reading it, it made me think back to when I watched one of my favorite movies, Cruel Intentions...remember Kathryn?? yup!
I remember when I was watching that movie, thinking what if we got a story of Kathryn, but got to redeem her at the end? What if that story made you actually LOVE her...as opposed to just loving to hate her?

Well I got that and so much more with "Vain".

The author tells the story in such an incredible way, it makes you FEEL for every single one of the characters...particularly the Queen B herself, Sophie. She paints such an incredible picture, that you can't help but absolutely fall in love with the story.

I often judge a book by the emotions it makes me feel, and this book put me through the ringer. When 80% in, I found myself crying...not just shedding a tear...but genuinely crying...I knew right then this was going in my keeper shelf.

Oh...and let me let you in to a little secret (minor spoiler to follow)
There is absolutely 0 sex in this book. YUP! now being a romance junky...that is usually a big must in all my favorite books. The fact that I was able to enjoy VAIN as much as I did tells so much about the author's amazing talent to tell an incredible story.

Read this book! trust me! you'll love it.

I look forward to other titles from this author.

I tip my hat to you Fisher Amelie.