Last Kiss Goodnight - Gena Showalter So incredibly disappointed in this book.

Gena Showalter is one my all time favorite Paranormal Romance writers and has been on my auto-buy list forever. I loved her Alien Huntress series, so when I read that this would be a spin-off of it, it was a no brainer.

Boy was I mistaken.

This reads nothing like Showalter's typical book, and I mean NOTHING. It felt like I was reading a completely different author. Where was the sexy yet snarky humor? Where was the witty banter? Heck, where were the super steamy love scenes?! GAH!I struggled so much to get through this book, that about 60% into it, I started to just skim the pages. It dragged on and on and on and on. I'm just at a loss of words here, but I can sum up my reading experience from start to finish in gifs:

20%

50%

60%

90%

There was a lot of biblical references in here as well. Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against religion in books, it did however catch me off guard here simply because I did not expect it. To be honest, it almost felt a bit much at times.

I really hope that this book was just a fluke and the next ones bring back the old Showalter charm. *fingers crossed*