The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2) - Kristen Ashley HOLY MOTHER OF GREATNESS!!!!

*Deep breaths*

I am stunned speechless by the awesomeness that is Kristen Ashley. The woman is plain ol' made of awesome.

I have been hesitant to pick up the Fantasyland series for some time, not really sure why. I supposed I was afraid that since most of Kristen's books are Chick Lit that Fantasy genre wouldn't be as good.

I've loved all the books in the Rock Chicks, The Burg, Colorado Man, and Dream Man. My favorites being Motorcycle Man, Rock Chick Regret, and Lady Luck. I can now say that The Golden Dynasty has surpassed even those. I am in utter awe of this book.

I have to start my review with a slight warning. This book might not be for everyone. There are moments in here that were very tough to stomach; violence, rape, forced seduction. You have to take into perspective that this is written in a land that is MUCH different, it's primitive, it's savage, brutal, and unlike anything you can imagine. You have to be prepared to go out of your comfort zone to truly enjoy this book.

The story itself is incredible. I went through on a roller coaster of emotions, I laughed, I cried, I cringed, I swooned.

Ms. Ashley's writing is really what makes this story incredible. She is able to paint a picture for the reader through her writing, that you experience everything along with the characters.

Circe is transported to a land much different from her own, and straight into a wife hunt. She is forced to get used to their traditions, their ways and their language. The reader is even able to learn this language along with the characters. This is a part of the book that I found to be truly incredible. I mean, c'mon, how often do you stumble on a book that has that? This made me enjoy the book that much more. I swear, the language of the Korwahk will be to Kristen Ashley fans what Klingon is for the Star Trek fanatics. LOL :D

Many readers have compared Circe and Lhan to characters from Game of Thrones, and you can DEFINITELY see that resemblance.

Beautiful! Incredible! Fantastical 6+ star read!