Own the Wind  - Kristen Ashley Parker "Shy" Cage

I never dreamed any fuckin' dream," he whispered, and the smile faded from her face as tears filled her eyes.
She understood him.
"Shy-"
"Didn't dream it, saw it, waited my time, and then you gave it to me."

Oh man, I loved this book!

It started off with a bang and heartbreak. I wanted to smack Shy, I wanted to hug Tabby, I wanted to shake them both, but through all this I.couldn't.put.my.kindle.down.

Tabby is a fantastic heroine. She was just the right amount of sassy without being over the top, she stood up for herself. She did have some immature moments, but nothing overly dramatic.

Shy is going on my list of favorite KA heroes ever. He started out as a man-whore (typical), but the change that took place was very enjoyable to read. I think what I liked, is that the change was believable. It was not a case of insta-love, this took place over a few years, and it made sense based on what we read about his story.

"And when you called me, I realized if I didn't get my shit together it would be empty pussy and parties for the rest of my life, and I'd never have a woman who was lost wihtout me." His hand moved from my waist to frame the side of my face, and his voice got quiet when he said, "Just to be clear, the point of findin' that is not makin' a woman be lost wihtout me....The point of findin' that is to have that feeling, be abe to give that gift, to work at keepin' it good so my woman never feels lost because she knows she'll never be without me."

He was sexy, he was uber-protective, possessive, Alpha, but yet he had these incredibly sweet moments that just pulled at my heartstrings.

"Know this, Tabby, I lose you, it would be sixty years of goin' through the motions. I know that in my dick. I know it in my gut. I know it in my heart. I know it deep down in my goddamned soul"

Tabby was an amazing heroine as well, with plenty of her own notable moments.

"I'm with him because when I'm with him, I'm free to be me. I'm with him because he's hot. I'm with him because he lets me blather, since I'm prone to blathering, and he lets me rant when I have a bad day. I'm with him because when I rant, he makes me feel better and he does this effortlessly. I'm with him because I live for the times when I'm on the back of his bike and we're riding together, not even talking, just being free."

It took about 35% of the book for Shy and Tabby to come together, but boy when they did

As a couple, they were extremely functional. Their love for one another was shining through the pages. It was so refreshing to read a relationship without the addition of unnecessary angst or drama. Don't get me wrong, there was still drama, but mainly outside of their relationship, and I felt that they dealt with it beautifully together.

The love scenes were scorching hot, and nothing short of what you'd expect of KA.

I had a little fangirl moment when around 80% in we get a reunion with many memorable characters from Dream Man, and Lee Nightangale. We even got a little peak into Hop and Lanie's relationship. I was extremely relieved to see that KA redeemed him as early as this book We find out that when Hop slept with BeeBee, he was separated from his wife

There was also a snippet in the back for the next book, which I cannot wait for!

5 brilliant stars.