One Week Girlfriend (Drew + Fable, #1) - Monica  Murphy Thank god I waited to read the first book until the second one came out. Otherwise I'd be
and

From the outside, it looks like Drew Callahan has it all; looks, a successful college football career, money. But inside he is harboring a secret so deep and dark, that it rules his entire being turning him into a robot, a shell, unfeeling.

In a desperate attempt to deal with the nightmares that plague him with an upcoming trip to his childhood home for Thanksgiving, he approaches Fable, a girl he doesn't know but has a reputation that fits his means, with a proposition. He will pay her $3,000 to pretend to be his girldriend for a week and go with him back home.

Fable is a girl that is dealing with her own demons. She takes care of her 13 year old brother because her mother is an alcoholic. Desperate to make ends meet, she agrees to Drew's proposition.

In the week that follows, relationships change, feelings grow, and secrets are revealed. And something that was only supposed to be pretend, turns into something very very real.

This book was an emotional roller coaster for me. Drew is such a tortured soul, it hurt my heart.

10% into the book I had a feeling about what his secret might be.
66% it only got worse
and when we finally find out about the whole thing

Wow! just wow!

Even though I had a pretty good idea what would happen, it didn't make it any less of a gut-wrenching revelation.

This book deals with a subject that is not typically touched from quite this angle
sexual abuse of a male, minor

I was enthralled with the story from the very first page and could.not.put.it.down until the last. It was emotional, dark, gritty. The relationship that develops between Drew and Fable didn't seem forced or far fetched- it was beautiful to read.

An emotionally beautiful story about pain, nightmares, forgiveness, and tragedy.

Starting the 2nd book right now. Can't wait!

5 stars