Beautiful Broken Rules - Kimberly Lauren 5 Beautiful Stars!!!!

If you are a fan of angsty and steamy NA, drop everything you're doing and read this book! Seriously! I am still flabbergasted that this is a debut novel. I kept going back to the author's page several times to make sure I didn't miss something. WOW!

Emerson Moore is the school slut. But she does have a few standards when it comes to hooking up.
Never sleep with someone that a friend has feelings for, never sleep with someone who is in a known relationship, and finally, never sleep with someone more than three times.

I was intrigued with this character. She didn't hide who she was, or feel ashamed of it. She was also incredibly endearing. Emerson was just the right amount of tough shell hiding a vulnerable center. She sleeps around, and owns it.
I've accepted who I am. The girl who will never become serious about anyone, who will enjoy life, have fun with guys along the way and never get her heart broken

She doesn't want to open herself up to get hurt, because she knows that eventually all relationships end.
There's no point in having a relationship, because if they aren't cheating, they're dying.

When Emerson meets Jaxon Riley, she finds herself questioning her rules.

I really enjoyed the reversal of roles in this book. We have a female that is a player and hiding demons of her past behind her tough-girl persona. Jaxon pursues her in a very understated but effective way. This was not a case of insta-love. I found their relationship to be very believable for a college romance.

Ever since they first meet, they feel an instant pull, an attraction towards each other. Unable to resist, they give into the lust and It.Was.Steamy

But Jaxon is not satisfied with having just a small part of Emerson, and he is determined to break through her walls.
"Damn it, Emerson, just stop!" he yelled. "Stop pretending you don't care. Why won't you let me in? Why won't you let me care about you? Because for some maddening reason, I do!"

Little by little, he begins to tear her down. Through some very swoon-worthy moments and gestures, Jaxon begins to show Emerson that maybe love just might be worth the chance.

With each kiss, each note, each whisper, Jaxon crumbles more and more of Emerson's defensive walls.
Emerson, tell me what you want."
"I don't know how."
"Tell me that you want me," he whispered.
"I want you." Always.
"Only me?"
"Only you." Had there ever been anyone else?

Jaxon and Emerson's relationship was by no means perfect. There were moments throughout this book that I wanted to strangle either one or both of them. There was so much angst and pain that could have been avoided had they only communicated better. But then this book wouldn't have been what it was.

The love between them isn't perfect, but it was an amazing journey to read.

"Before I'd gotten to know you, I knew I had to make you mine. It only got worse the closer we got. I realized you weren't mine at all. I. AM. YOURS."
He grabbed each side of my face and looked into my eyes. "you don't walk away from your heart."

I really loved all the supporting characters as well and I sincerely hope that the author would make this into a series. I'd love to get Jace's book. Oh, did I not mention that Jaxon has an identical twin brother, Jace? Yup! There's 2 of them!