One Tiny Lie - K.A. Tucker

I need to preface my rant review with this: I loved, truly loved, Ten Tiny Breaths. I genuinely enjoy this author's writing. So it pains me to give this anything other than less than 4 or 5 stars, but I simply can't give it more than 3. This books was sadly a big let down for me, but only due to the plot. The writing was still fantastic. Unfortunately, there were issues in the plot that hit every single one of my no-no buttons. Minor spoilers below, and I'll block the major spoilers. You've been warned.

When I first met Livie in One Tiny Lie, I really liked her. I couldn't wait to read the book where she was the heroine. As I began reading this, I began to get cold-sweat flashbacks to Keira from Thoughtless. (I was one of the few people that did NOT enjoy that book).

This was me for the majority of this book

I did not expect for this book to have a bit of a love triangle. Love triangles, yeaaaa.....

But I digress. When Ashton is first introduced, I was all over that!
"He's pretty much the hottest guy at the school." She takes a sip of her beer. "And also a giant ass."
"That much I gathered."
"And a bit of a man whore."

Those are the magic words for me, and a recipe for a great hero, but sadly it just didn't last.

I take a huge issue with repetitive cheating. I can't handle it! It drives me nuts. And this book had it on both ends, from Ashton AND Livie.

There was a whole lot of angst, which I normally don't mind. The constant push-pull, back and forth dance between Ashton and Livie drove me bat sh!t crazy. It was a whole bunch of

Over and over and over and over...well you get the point

Livie was a big let down for me as well. She dates Connor because he's "right" for her, but she has the hots for Ashton. So the whole book she pretty much strings Connor along. Her reasoning? She doesn't want to hurt him. Seriously? Because fooling around with someone else and him later figuring it out isn't going to do that? Her inner monologue during all this?
You can do this. Just keep being nice to him. Just a few more days until I rip his heart out and stomp on it.

I get that they're in college and Livie is only 18. But like I said, this is a huge hot button for me. I hate it. So it just killed the whole vibe of the book for me.

The 85% mark of this book was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Livie gives Ashton her virginity while her somewhat boyfriend, Connor, is downstairs at the party. The kicker? She knows Ashton has a girlfriend. The icing on the cake? What she doesn't know yet is that Ashton is engaged to said girlfriend now.

Yes there are reasons behind all this that we find out in the very last chapter of the book. For me, I already had such a solidified dislike for both of these characters, that it was a case of too little too late.

I can go on and on, but I need to cut myself off, or this will be the review that never ends.

Majority of the book is filled with this angst. We do get a HEA, but I thought the ending was very glossed over and rushed.

Don't get me wrong, there were still parts of the book that I enjoyed. I loved getting to catch up with Kacey and Trent. The interactions between Livie and her sister were hilarious. I also really liked the banter between Livie and Dr. Stayner. I loved his character. We also get more glimpses at the old gang, Ben, Storm, Dan and *swooning* Cain. Livie roommate, Reagan was also a riot to read.

Sadly that just wasn't enough to bring this book up to anything above 3 stars for me.

I just didn't find the title, One Tiny Lie, to be appropriate to what I read (there was nothing tiny about it).