Midnight Secrets  - Ella Grace Savannah

Zack

I was a huge fan of Christy Reece’s Last Chance series, so when I saw that she had plans on releasing a new Romantic Suspense series under the pen name of Ella Grace, I’ll admit to doing a little happy dance.
The woman can write the hell out of Romantic Suspense.

Midnight Secrets starts off with the mysterious murder of Maggie and Beckett Wilde that is assumed a murder suicide, leaving their triplet daughters to pick up the pieces of what once was a happy family.

The first half of the book was a bit slow. There is a significant amount of background that is given, and a good chunk of it is retelling the relationship that took place between Savannah and Zack Tanner, the town’s “bad boy”.

Ten years ago, Savannah, the studious and shy one of the 3 sisters, and Zack had a sweet youthful romance.

With thoughts of forever, Savannah is getting reading to begin college while Zack is going into the army.

Savannah, now a successful ADA, is living in Nashville and Zack Tanner is simply a painful memory for her.

When a a grueling case forces her to seek shelter in her old home in Midnight, Alabama, she is forced to finally face her first love who is now the town’s Police Chief. There is a lot of mystery from both sides as to what really caused the demise of their relationship, and a good deal of the book is spent on finding out what happened between them. But like 2 moths to a burning flame, the attraction and feelings still left between them is undeniable and draws them together once more.

The story really takes off after the 50% mark. Savannah stumbles on evidence that bring to question the gruesome event that took place 18 years ago with her parents and she is determined to find out what really happened.

It is very rare that a story keeps me in such suspense I truly don’t know up from down. There were so many twists and revelations that just kept on coming and coming. I was truly floored when the villain’s identity was finally revealed at the end.

What I really enjoyed is that the romance between the hero and the heroine was wonderfully interwoven into the story. It never seemed out of place or took a back seat to the mystery. It was also steamy as hell!

The murder mystery is resolved at the end of the book along with a HEA and a very satisfying Epilogue. It looks as if each book in the series will focus on a different mystery. After having read too-many books that have a story stretching over several books, I was so happy to find out that this was not the case here.

ARC provided by Random House Publishing Group via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review