Rules of Entanglement (Fighting for Love, #2) - Gina L. Maxwell My Jax

Vanessa

All righty, first of all...what the heck kind of rock have I been living under that I have only now discovered the awesome that is Gina Maxwell? Seriously?! This was the first book I've read by her and it was

Vanessa McGreggor has 7 rules that she lives by
7. Never take your responsibilities lighty.
8. Never indulge in the poison of lies.
5. Never let a fling last more than three days.
4. Never date a man who chooses fists over words.
3. Never date a man who lacks a stable future.
2. Never relinquish control.
1. Never fall in love

That is until she meets Jackson "Jax" Maris, who sets out to break all of them.

Vanessa comes to Hawaii to stand up in her best friend, Lucie's wedding. Jax is Lucie's brother that is sent to pick her up from the airport.

To say that things start of rough between them is an understatement. It was a case of hate at first sigh...well...with some lust mixed in. I mean c'mon, Jax is a super sexy MMA fighter and surfer after all.

Oh, he was definitely doable. Did Hawaiians have the saying "Save a surfboard, ride a surfer?"

Vanessa is a tough cookie and gives Jax hell for being late, and completely disregards him to top it all off. Jax, a man not used to women not throwing himself at him, is immediately intrigued with Vanessa and finds himself telling one heck of a lie to get to spend more time with her.

What follows is a story that is filled with humor

"Glad to hear it. ow I'm going to go surf off this raging hard-on while you relax."
She couldn't help but laugh. "Good luck with that."
"I'll need it. It'll probably throw off my balance."

hillarious banter,

"Am I being examined on the stand, Counselor?"
"Just making conversation. Believe me, if I were examining you on the witness stand, you'd know it by the fear clawing your gut."

"I promise you'll like it, V."
If she hadn't heard the smartass smile behind his offer she would've already plotted the demise of his family jewels. But he didn't have to know they were safe."You can spank me if I get to shave your balls with a straight razor." Then she added in a mocking tone, "I promise I won't slip, Jax."

and a whole lot of steam
"Enjoy your last few hours of being in control, V. Because after that...you're mine"

Did I mention the steam???
"Understand, Vanessa, that I never take my release before my lover. However," he continued, his gaze boring into her, I also have the resolve to keep you on the edge like this for hours. I won't give in until you give me what I want."

The banter between Jax and Vanessa was a lot of fun to read. I enjoyed that Vanessa was such a fire cracker. She was feisty, knew how to stand up for herself, and had a terrific sense of humor. I think this is what made her eventual submission to Jax that much more enjoyable to read. This is not a BDSM book by any means, nor is Jax a Dom. He simply likes control in bed...and this reader did not mind one bit!

This book probably had 2 of the hottest scenes I have read in some time. First, I am forever ruined for tequilla shots. I mean damn! Jax, that was the most impressive and inventive drinking game I have ever read

Vanessa and Jax together just burn up the pages

I will be going back to read [b:Seducing Cinderella|15762657|Seducing Cinderella (Fighting for Love, #1)|Gina L. Maxwell|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1342860599s/15762657.jpg|21464225] since that is the couple getting married in the story and if their book is anywhere as good as this one was, I am all over it like white on rice!

I enjoyed that Jax was a sexy Alpha male, but not overbearing or super controlling. Vanessa, while giving Jax hell for a good while in this book, also was fun to read. She had issues that are revealed later in the story, but they just endeared me more to her when I found out what they were. It certainly explained a lot.

Now when does the 3rd book come out? I need it! I want it! I gots to have it!