Dangerous to Know & Love - Jane Harvey-Berrick

First let me just say that if you have not read [b:The Education of Caroline|17229636|The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2)|Jane Harvey-Berrick|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1357874562s/17229636.jpg|23744006] and [b:The Education of Sebastian|16148137|The Education of Sebastian (The Education of..., #1)|Jane Harvey-Berrick|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1352832895s/16148137.jpg|21982585] drop everything you're doing and read it. Jane Harvey-Berrick is an immensely talented author that weaves a story so flawlessly beautiful, it's impossible to put down.

Having read those two books and absolutely adoring them, I couldn't wait to delve into her new NA novel.

Having said that, it really pains me to do this, but this was a DNF for me at 20%.

I really think that this will be the case of "everyone loved it but me", but let me explain why this just didn't work for me. I could do it in one word: Lisanne.

Lisanne was, unfortunately, everything I simply cannot handle in the main heroine. She was innocent to the point of intolerable. She was a virgin unlike any I have ever read before.

You ever been kissed, LA?" he said, leaning forward and staring into her eyes, a smile hidden behind them.
"Don't be a jerk!" she snapped.
"Thought not," he said smugly.
"I've been kissed," she stammered. "A lot."
It was a damned lie, but there was no way she was going to admit that to him.

She was also extremely sheltered, judgmental, childish, jumped to the wrong conclusion at every turn, cried if someone looked at her wrong, doesn't like swearing (not even "damn"), and at times flat out bitchy.

The best quote to sum her up for me is this:

"Jeez, chill!" he said. "You're sounding like my kindergarten teacher."
She scowled and he leaned back in his chair, laughing at her.
"I can't help it," she said, petulantly. "I'm sensible. Mom says I was born middle-aged."

I really liked Daniel, even if he did have at times what I found to be unreasonable anger issues and flare ups. I think if it wasn't for the heroine, I might have hung in there. I usually really enjoy the NA genre.

I sincerely look forward to future books from this author since I love her writing style. Unfortunately, I had to cut my losses with this book. Hence, I will refrain from rating it to be fair to the author.

But don't let my experience stop you from reading it. My lack of enjoyment was out of my own personal preference.