The Angel (The Original Sinners, #2) - Tiffany Reisz
"Fetishes...they're the pet the pet that you feed or the beast that eats you."

To say that I loved this book would probably be an understatement. I fucking loved it! This series is captivating, dark, erotic, and completely addictive.

The Angel picks up 13 months where The Siren ended. After Nora's devastating decision with Wesley, she is now with Soren. The Angel gives us something that we didn't get much of in the previous book, some of Soren's history. Although he is still a very dark character, and still scares me a bit, particularly with his hard core sadism, I am starting to warm up to him more.

When Soren finds out that he is being considered as the possible replacement for the bishop and someone has broken into Kingsley's office and stole Nora's file, he knows the best thing for everyone is to send Nora away for a little while. The last thing they need is a closer look at their relationship, so he decides to send Nora away together with Michael to stay at the house of Griffin Fiske for the summer.

Michael, although now slightly older at 17, is still having a hard time dealing with the repercussions of his family finding out about his 'kinks'. Getting away from the brutality of his father and the lack of attention from his mother is exactly what he wants right now. Particularly for the chance to be 'trained' by the infamous Mistress Nora.

When he comes face to face with the gorgeous, tatted, and hillariously out-spoken Griffin, he is confused by his reaction to the man. Before long, Michael realizes that he is attracted to him and begins to want things he never before wanted.

Griffin was one of my favorite parts of this book. Besides him being sexy as hell, with tats and a Ducati, he has a wicked sense of humor.
"Alfred, I need ice and that vitamin K goop. Stat."
Michael heard the crackle of static.
"I loathe you, Master Griffin," came a British accent over the intercom.
"Thanks, Alfred."
"Is your butler's name really Alfred?"
"No, it's Jamison, I think. Can't remember. I changed it to Alfred years ago. My first crush on a dude was batman."

I loved the way that Griffin was with Michael. While he comes off as care-free and sarcastic, he was so caring and sweet when it came to Michael. Not to say that the steam was missing. Hell no! When they finally got together...

Their relationship is developing throughout the whole book, and it was my favorite part of The Angel.

***********************

"Tell me, have you ever had sex in the back of a Rolls Royce?"

Kingsley is pretty much the same mystery that he was in The Siren, though we do get to find out a bit more about his relationship with Soren.
************************
"Eleanor, if you have any mercy in that dark heart of yours, when you leave me right now, you will walk and not run."

After receiving an anonymous tip that there might be a conflict of interest in his consideration for bishop, a reporter begins to investigate the enigma that is Soren. Through the investigation we get to find out Soren's dark history. Finding out what we did, it really helps put many things in perspective, though it was devastating.

************************
Love is the open wound that you hope never heals.

Nora is still struggling with her decision of leaving Wesley. Even though Soren own her heart, she loves Wesley and can't seem to let him go.
Life with Soren was paradise, a dark, dangerous paradise but still, a perfect naked Eden.
"Almost perfect," she whispered to no one.

While Soren fulfills the dark edges, there is still a part of her that knows Wesley has something else to offer, something that Soren will never be able to.
"Winter, can be so beautiful and so cruel. Cruel and cold. And if you live in the presence of winter you never have summer." Nora stepped close to him and put her nose at his cheek. "You smell like summer. Like clean laundry hanging out in the sun. That's an amazing smell too."

****************************

Even though it has been 13 long months since he has last seen Nora, Wesley still struggles to move on and forget his love for her. He is the light to the dark that is Kingsley and Soren and the rest of Nora's world. He is so pure in his feelings, and ferocious in his love for her.
"No, she and I never had sex. That's true. But we had love, real love that didn't take anything out of us, that didn't bruise us or break us. I loved her without hurting her. You asked me if I, a virgin, could teach her what sex should be? No, of course ot. Hell no. But at least I can teach her what love should be like. And she knows it too.

To W.R. Many waters.

While there were many revelations, and questions that were answered, I still was left with as many questions as I received answers. I cannot wait to find out more about the mysterious Kingsley, and to see where the next book takes Nora and her relationship with Soren and Wes.

5 Completely Enthralling and Compelling Stars