Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1) - R.K. Lilley His kiss was insidious, seeping into every part of me. He took me over in a way I couldn't believe I allowed. A few seconds into the kiss, and I was ready to relinquish all control, which I'd have sworn was the antithesis of everything I was before I'd met Tristan.

I knew we were going to be a dangerous combination. Bad things were going to happen if we spent too much time around each other.

This book! Sweet baby Jebus, THIS BOOK! I was not expecting to be as good as it was or to suck me into the story as it did.

Danika has a penchant for picking bad boys. So when she meets Tristan, whose sexy body, dimples and tattoos practically scream out bad, the icing on the cake is he's also in a band. She is determined to keep him at a distance. But as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Danika and Tristan start out as friends. Tristan is determined to show her a more exciting life than what he sees her currently leading.

In the intoxicating mist of Vegas nightlife, drinks, and sexual tension, they begin to get closer.

I loved Danika's reference to being drunk as "feeling pretty". She had some of the funniest lines in this book.
"I named my vibrator after you," I told him with a smirk. "He's small, but he makes up for it by working hard.

The sexual tension between these two is scorching. But after one failing relationship after another, Danika is determined to be single, and Tristan just doesn't do relationships. They can only ignore what's igniting between them for so long...
"Tell me not to kiss you," he said, when his lips were a breath away from mine.
"Don't kiss me," I told him, my voice a breathless rasp.
"Mean it."
"I can't," I gasped.

And it's not long before a few stolen kisses start to give way to more desperate passions.

This book had one of the hottest non-sex scenes I have ever read. I mean scorching, having to ice my ovaries after reading it, HAWT!

Now when these two finally give in to the inevitable? Holy.Mother.of.ORGASMS!

"Close your eyes," he whispered
"Tristan," I began, but he shushed me, pulling a black blindfold over my eyes, and tying it behind my head.
The world went dark, and I didn't understand the purpose of this until he began to touch me.
He kissed my neck as his hands moved up to my wrists. He cinched the handcuffs on very slowly.
"Do you expect me to struggle?"
"No, sweetheart. I expect you to submit."

Though Tristan likes his control, and there were several scenes with some very mild restraints, this is not at all a BDSM book. It does have an extremely possessive and sexy alpha male that likes to be in control.

"What do you want, then?"
"I want you to let go. I want you to submit. I want to make you lose your mind. I want you do be so far gone that the only word left in your vocabulary is my name."

Now there are some things that take place right around the 70% mark and after that i found to be a little irritating. Tristan and Danika's behavior both gets a little juvenile and extreme at times. There were misunderstandings, and lack of communication. However, none of it was enough to take away from the story for me.

Of course, Tristan being the stubborn man that he is, there were times where he royally fucked things up. But he does recognize his mistakes, and pursues Danika with a passion.

"I know what you taste like, I know how it feels to have you come against my tongue. What it feels like to have you clench around my cock while you lose your fucking mind. And you, you've tasted me. I've shoved my cock so deep down your throat I felt your tonsils, Danika. Are we going to forget all of that?"

I really enjoyed both of these characters. Danika was quirky, funny, and extremely endearing. Tristan was just swoonworthy and sexy and just AH *dreamy sigh*

"But, sweetheart, listen carefully, when I say that I don't need anybody but you, what I mean is that I never have. I need you I've never needed anyone or anything the way I need you. I need you in a way that would break me if I lost you. Being with you makes every part of my life better. Every second I get with you is the best second of my life. I'm not good at expressing myself, not like you are, but I treasure this thing between us. Don't think I don't."

The ending gives us a HFN, but...and this is a major but...there is an event that takes place at the end which took me by complete and utter devastating surprise.

Ahhhh! That ending!!! Why? Why?!

Bumping my rating up to 4.5 after still thinking about this book 2 days later.

For more reviews visit: Dirty Girl Romance Book Blog