Mine to Take - Cynthia Eden
Some men left a mark on a woman, a mark that went far beneath the skin. Trace had marked her years before

Well, hell. Cynthia Eden has done it once again. Having read and loved her Deadly series, a romantic suspence, when I saw that she was coming out with this novella I just knew I had to get my hands on it.

She did not disappoint. For a 150 pages novella, this story had a hell of a punch. I read it in one sitting, so that should tell you something. I really enjoy Eden's romantic suspense, and sincerely hope that she will be releasing a new series in this genre soon.

Ten years ago, Trace came into Skye's life when she needed him most. Both kids in the foster system they fell hard and fast for each other. Trace was everything to Skye. Unfortunately he pushed her away in a away she is still finding hard to get over, and then vanished.

She moved on to achieve her dream and becoming a prima ballerina. Dancing is all that Skye has ever known. After losing her parents to a terrible accident, dancing became her escape.

Then, one dark and rainy night changed everything for her.

Now, feeling like she has no one else to turn to, with a deadly stalker on her heels, and her once dream career as a ballerina having been shattered, Skye runs back to the one man she thinks can help her.

Skye thinks that she has been erased from Trace's memory with a blur of women, a successful career, and money. She couldn't be more wrong.

Now a successful owner of an investigating agency, Trace has everything he's ever wanted, except the one woman that he never forgot.
His addiction. The one he'd never been able to ditch.
No matter how much money he got, no matter how many women came into his bed, Skye was the one he wanted, the one that he would have.

Trace wants a second chance with her, and knows that offering his protection is his in.
"There's nowhere to run. And you don't want to run, not from me. I'm the one you ran to."

The story flowed very well. The sexual tension and steam between Skye and Trace is nothing less that what you'd expect from Cynthia Eden. It was damn hot.
"Don't."
"Don't what, baby? Don't look at you?" His lips- open, hot, sexy - brushed over hers. "Don't taste? Because that's exactly what I plan to do. I'll taste every inch of you."

"That's what I'm doing tonight, baby. I'm tasting, and I'm taking...everything."

Trace is possessive, demanding, and as alpha as they get.

Skye was a broken soul. But she never came off as too weak (a pet peeve of mine.) She was a strong heroine, in a very understated way.

The suspense part of the story was very well written and fast paced. Though I did figure out who the bad guy is around 50% in, so I have to say it was fairly predictable.

So while this wasn't 'edge of your seat' exciting, it was still very enjoyable.

I would love to get a story for Alex next. I was very intrigued by his character. Hope to see his book next.

If you've never read a book by Cynthia Eden, definitely give this one a shot if you enjoy steamy romantic suspense.

4 stars

ARC courtesy of the author via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews visit: Dirty Girl Romance Book Blog