Gabriel's Inferno - Sylvain Reynard I really truly wish that I had read the negative reviews before purchasing this book, because they were absolutely dead on.

I feel like I'm being generous giving this a 2 star review. The only reason I have added 2 stars is b/c the 1st half of the story is actually quite good...and then it takes a dramatic spiral down for me. Gabriel goes from being one extreme to the other. Tortured and mean, to tortured and cheesy.
Julia was just way too "pure" for me to like.
The dialogue between the 2 turns incredibly cheesy and unrealistic for me.
The POV skips around so much, that I ended up skipping through a lot of pages.

People that have compared this to Fifty Shades, I have to ask: did we read the same book?

It renounces any sex other than "making love" as dirty and degrading.
Even though Gabriel is only 33 years old, by his interaction with Julia I felt like he was 50. He refers to her as darling,pure, angel, and my sweet girl so many times, that I wanted to barf. Plus, what is with the bowties? really?

I can continue, but I don't want to give the plot away too much.

I will say this. If you are looking for something similar to Fifty Shades...this is NOT the book for you. I would not qualify this as an erotic romance in any sense of the word.

If you are looking for a lit. book filled with Italian and Spanish poetry and quotes (which are not always translated for those of us not gifted with knowing the language), way too much angst, cheesy dialogue, choppy POVs, and 2 very unrelatable protagonists...well then...by all means...give this book a try