Liberating Lacey - Anne Calhoun Hunter

Lacey

5 gloriously erotic stars, I'd give it 6 if I could

Every now and then a book comes along unexpectedly and just blows me away. This was that book for me.

”I didn’t want perfect. I wanted you. I want you. We’re not a pair of well-matched horses, but we’re real…
“The heart wants what it wants. Mine wants you.”

Lacey Meyers is 36 and looking to turn a new leaf in her life. After a lackluster marriage to a man that she thought she would spend the rest of her life with, she isn’t looking for Mr. Right, nor is she looking for Mr. Right Now. She wants passion, and she decides to go out with the single minded intent of finding a man that can give her just that. She wants something different. She wants to start living.

While at a bar and looking for a man to take home and show her passion outside of the missionary position, she meets him in the form of a sexy 28 year old cop, Hunter.

“What do you have against the missionary position? It’s one of my favorites.”
“Oh? Why is that?”
“Because theres nothing like the feel of a woman’s body under mine, all tight and hot and wet as she slowly comes apart.”

What follows is the story of two individuals who find something with each other that neither was looking for.

I was sucked in from the very first page. I can honestly say that I love absolutely everything, the plot, the characters…the sex scenes!

I’ve read my share of erotic romances, but it is rare that they are written in such an incredible way that not a nuance, sound, sensation or a minute detail that goes unnoticed by the reader.

Anne Calhoun has an incredible talent of painting a beautiful, vivid, and erotic tale. While there is plenty of sex that takes place in the story, it is never boring, out of place or used as a filler. The journey of Hunter and Lacey was an incredibly touching one.

I loved Lacey. She had a very quiet strength about her that I really enjoyed. She comes from money, but has such a beautifully understated presence to herself that just jumps out at you. She didn’t make stupid decisions. She wasn’t needy. She was a woman that knew what she wanted, but at the same time was endearingly vulnerable.

Hunter, oh my sexy as sin hunter. He just made the book for me. He had me panting for him from the very beginning, that started from their initial meeting, and the scorching hot encounter on a car outside of a nightclub sealed the deal.

Without a word he led her through the bar to the sultry heat of the parking lot, heading for the shadows created by an enormous black SUV arrogantly angled across three parking spaces in the back corner.
“Yours?” she asked as they rounded the truck’s hood.
“Nope, just a place for a private conversation.” He backed her up into the passenger door. Hands braced on either side of her head, he fastened his teeth on the sensitive juncture of her neck and shoulder, sucking at her skin with just enough pressure to make her gasp.

Hunter is a man that likes control, but this is not a BDSM book. There is however a very hot scene that involves a sexy as sin cop and some handcuffs.

""You look so sexy wearing my cuffs," he growled.
"I'm gonna leave them on when I fuck you. Feel how hard I am? That's from thinking about every stroke, so hot and wet."
"I'm gonna spread you wide under me and watch you take it all, over and over..."

Hunter had issues from his past and emotional walls but he never came off as overbearing, controlling, or an asshole. *SIGH*

Don’t let the somewhat cheesy cover fool you. This book is a hidden gem. It is one of the most beautiful erotic romances I have had the pleasure of reading.

(Thanks Blacky for giving me a friendly push to read this! *waves*)

I have discovered an amazing author that I will eagerly anticipate future releases from.